If you have an acer monitor and experience an “acer monitor no signal” problem, then you have come to the right place. In this post, we will explain the possible causes and solutions to this problem that will help you to make your acer monitor back to life.
Acer is a well-known and one of the best brands when it comes to laptops, monitors, PCs, and other electronic gadgets. Sometimes, when you buy a new acer monitor or even an old you may experience an “acer monitor no signal” problem. This means that your acer monitor not receiving any video signals from your PC.
If you are also facing this problem, obviously, that is why you are reading this post. “Don’t panic” I am here. In this article, I will tell you all the possible solutions that will help you to solve this problem quickly and easily. And I promise you will learn a lot more about this issue after reading this post.
So let’s start with the possible reasons.
Why does my monitor keep saying no signal? (Reasons)
According to my experience, there are some possible causes, which we describe below:
- Faulty or damaged cables.
- Faulty Graphics card (GPU).
- The problem may be the monitor itself.
- Your computer may be in power-saving mode.
- Maybe your monitor is on and your PC doesn’t.
- Maybe the connection between your monitor and PC is loose.
- Maybe you selected the wrong input.
- You may have selected a higher resolution that your monitor does not support.
Related: The Ultimate Guide On Monitor Response Time 2023
The List of Fixes Acer Monitor No Signal
1. Check the Cable & Connection
Cable connection is one of the most common causes of an “acer monitor no signal” problem. That’s why the first thing that you need to check is the cables and cable connection.
- First, check whether the connection between the monitor and the PC is loose or not, if loosen tight them.
- Unplug and re-plug the connection cables.
- If the issue still persists, check whether the cables are damaged or not, and if damaged you need to get a new one from the nearest electronic shop or amazon.
2. Power Saving Mode
Power saving mode is one of the biggest reasons, why you’re facing “acer monitor no signal”. Sometimes, you leave your PC on for a long time due to urine or other important work.
So, it automatically goes into power-saving mode. And that’s why your monitor shows the “no signal message” on the screen.
If you want to avoid this, first, don’t leave the computer on. Otherwise, go to your PC settings and turn off the power-saving mode.
3. Reboot Your PC
You might be wondering how rebooting the PC can fix this problem. I know, and this is also not a guaranteed solution, but I have personally heard from some people that sometimes it can solve this problem and many others.
To reboot your PC properly, follow the following steps:
- First, turn off both your PC and monitor, then unplug all your cables and inputs that are connected to your monitor.
- Next, hold the power button for 5 to 10 sec on your monitor and re-plug all your cables and inputs.
- Now, turn on both your PC and monitors.
- If the problem still persists, go to the next method.
Related: Buying Monitor: A Guide to Choose a Perfect Display 2023
4. Restore Your Acer Monitor
If the above solutions don’t work for you, you need to factory reset your monitor. In some cases restoring the monitor can solve the problem. For doing this, follow the following steps.
- First of all, connect the external monitor to your PC and turn it on.
- When the PC is properly turned on and loaded, press WIN+P to open “Easy Display Switcher”.
- Here you can see 4 different options, but you need to select one “computer only.”
- Next, turn off your PC and disconnect your PC and monitor.
- Once the process is done, start your computer again.
5. Check Your Graphics Card Is Inserted Properly
Sometimes, your graphics card is not inserted properly and it causes the problem “acer monitor no signal.” To fix this follow the below steps:
- Power off your PC and monitor, unplug all the cables, and open your computer case.
- Check the graphics card, if it is loose, remove and reinsert it.
- Replug all your cables to connect your PC to the monitor.
- Now, hold the power button for a few seconds and turn on your PC.
6. Update or Reinstall the Graphics Driver
A graphics card can handle all your high-end activities such as gaming, graphics designing, video editing, etc. So, the outdated graphics driver is one of the most common problems that cause “acer monitor no signal.”
To troubleshoot this problem, you need to update or reinstall your graphics driver. For doing so, follow the following steps:
Update Graphics Driver Automatically:
- Right-click on the “Computer” icon and go to properties.
- Select the option “Device Manager” and then double-click on “Display Adapters.”
- Right-click on the graphics card and select the “update driver software” option as you can see in the given screenshot.
- Now, select the option “Search automatically for updated driver software” and restart your PC.
Update Graphics Driver Manually:
- Download and install any third-party software such as “Driver Booster” or “Driver Easy.”
- Launch it and follow the onscreen instruction.
- Once the process is done, restart your PC.
7. Clean RAM Slots
As you know, RAM stands for Random Access Memory and it saves your data temporarily. Sometimes, this issue causes by dirt RAM metal parts or slots. That’s why it is possible to solve this problem by cleaning RAM metal parts or slots.
To do this follow the following steps.
- First, turn off both your PC and monitor, then unplug all the connected cables.
- Second, carefully remove the RAM card from the RAM slots.
- Next, clean the dust and dirt from RAM slots by using an eraser or hairdryer.
- Once the RAM card and slots are cleaned, reinstall them correctly.
- Now, put the cover back on your computer and turn it on.
Also Read: Best Monitor For Writers 2023
8. Reset BIOS
Sometimes, resetting BIOS can help to solve an “acer monitor no signal” issue. If you don’t know how to reset BIOS, then follow the following steps:
- First, restart your PC when restarting press incessantly the keys F9, F10, or F12 depending on your operating system (Windows).
- After this, you have come to this blue screen as you can see in the screenshot.
- In the top menu, you need to select the “Exit” option.
- Here you can see the different options in the drop-down menu.
- Then select the “Load Setup Defaults” option.
- Now, select the option “Yes” and then press “F10” to save changes.
- Your PC will restart automatically, and I am 70% sure that your problem has been solved.
9. Wrong Input Selected
The Selection of wrong input can also cause this issue. To avoid this you need to select the correct input settings. Keep in mind, if you have a lot of HDMI inputs, choosing the right one is important.
10. Test Your Monitor with another PC
Sometimes, the monitor is fine and the problem is with your computer. Sometimes the PC is fine and the problem is your monitor. So here we will check whether the problem is in your monitor or PC. Make sure the connection between the PC and monitor is good.
If possible, try different cables such as HDMI, DVI, or VGA and check your monitor. If all settings are correct you will get two possible results. (Work fine or “No Signal”).
If it works fine, the problem is with your computer. If it continuously shows “No Signal”, it means there is a problem with your monitor, you need to replace or repair it at the nearest Acer support center.
11. Contact Customer Support
If all of the above solutions don’t work for you. So you can take advantage of contacting customer support. Honestly speaking, maximum acer monitors come with at least a 3-year warranty. If there is still time in your warranty, you are lucky.
Simply contact acer manufacturers and they will replace your monitor with a new one. Otherwise, acer provides support options that you can benefit from and you can even repair your monitor from acer support.
Helpful: Expert-Approved Monitors for Color Grading In 2023
What does it mean when my Acer monitor says “no signal”?
When your Acer monitor says “no signal”, it means that the monitor is not receiving any input signal from your PC or another connected device.
This could be due to a variety of reasons, such as a loose cable connection, an outdated graphics card, or a problem with the monitor itself.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Q1. Can a faulty graphics card cause a “no signal” issue on Acer monitors?
Yes, a faulty graphics card can cause a “no signal” issue on your Acer monitor. If the graphics card is not sending a signal to the monitor, the monitor will display the “no signal” message. Updating or replacing the graphics card may resolve the issue.
Q2. How do I know if the issue is due to a faulty cable?
If you suspect that the “no signal” issue on your Acer monitor is due to a faulty cable, try using a different cable to connect your monitor to your computer or another device. If the issue is resolved with the new cable, then the old cable was damaged or faulty.
Q3. What should I do if the issue persists even after trying all the troubleshooting steps?
If the issue persists even after trying all the troubleshooting steps, you may want to consider contacting Acer customer support for further assistance. They will be able to help you to diagnose and fix the issue, or advise you on whether you need to replace the monitor or other components.
I know you have an “acer monitor no signal” problem that’s why you have come to this post. I think I fulfilled the promise that I made to you at the beginning. If you are reading this article, you may have learned something extra about this issue.
In this article, we have explained 11 of the most powerful methods that will help you solve this problem. In my experience, updating your graphics card will solve the problem in most cases, so don’t skip it.
I hope you understand, if you have any queries related to this post, leave them in the comments section below. Otherwise, if you are satisfied with this post share it on social media with your friends and family so that they can also take advantage of it.
[…] Related: Acer Monitor No Signal […]
[…] Related: Acer Monitor No Signal 2023 […]
[…] Related: Acer Monitor No Signal 2023 […]
[…] Read: Acer Monitor No Signal 2023 […]
[…] Related: 11 Ways To Fix Acer Monitor No Signal 2023 […]
[…] Related: 11 Ways To Fix Acer Monitor No Signal 2023 […]